Automatisiertes Rangieren (automated shunting) optimises shunting movements and, as far as possible, allows them to take place without any human intervention. This reduces the burden on plants by allowing work to continue whether or not shunting staff are available.
This has significant advantages for shunting in maintenance depots, for example. Shunting orders are entered into an operations planning system, optimised, translated into control commands and transmitted to shunting vehicles via radio.
Our offer around Automatisiertes Rangieren (automated shunting):
- Consulting: Do you have an idea for a use case or would you like to examine the potential for automating shunting processes? We are happy to support you in concretising your idea with design thinking methods. As feasibility checks for use cases, we offer our experience in the design and simulation of production concepts, as well as risk analyses to take into account the criteria for approval of automated shunting.
- Implementation: Be it an initial prototype development or the realisation of Automatisiertes Rangieren. We have software development know-how in the areas of front-end, back-end and edge devices. We always keep an eye on the integration of the solution into your IT landscape.
- Partner network: The implementation of Automatisiertes Rangieren also requires know-how from the areas of vehicle technology and rail infrastructure. For this purpose, we bring in our network within the DB Group and outside of the DB Group to jointly enable the realisation of your application.
Your advantages with Automatisiertes Rangieren:
- 24/7 operation
- High standard of safety ensured by sensor technology
- Elimination of downtime due to unavailability of shunting staff (e.g. due to illness or a lack of junior staff)
- Low operating costs
Automatisiertes Rangieren – automated shunting.
An innovation from the DB Systel Skydeck Accelerator.