Facts, figures and awards
We have a holistic understanding of digitalisation. That’s why we cover the entire digital spectrum for you when it comes to planning and implementing innovative IT solutions.
Here are a few facts:
- DB Systel currently operates 600 IT processes, of which around 80% will migrate to the Deutsche Bahn cloud in the medium term
- More than 50 business ideas have already emerged from our innovation hubs
- Every day, we check 26 million e-mails for spam and viruses
- Every day, we look after 100,000 modern digital workstations and provide 93,000 VoIP systems
- We are certified to EN ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO/IEC 20000-1 (IT Service Management) and ISO/IEC 27001 (IT Security Management)
- In 2017 alone, we received several prizes and awards, in particular for our innovative products and methods:
- HR Excellence Award in the category "Change (Group)" for the DB Systel HR team
- DB Award in the category "Digitalisation and Innovation" for the project "Glowing platform edges for directing passengers" with DB Regio, DB Netze Stations and DB mindbox
- Most Impactful Intrapreneur for Matthias Patz, Vice President of Innovation & New Ventures, at this year's Corporate Startup Summit
- Award forDeutschland - Land der Ideen in the category "Economy" for the DB Open Data Initiative with DB mindbox
- BARC Best Practice Award Business Intelligence & Analytics in the category "Corporate Solution" for the Digital Situation Room (DSR) team
- WIN Award 2017 for Christa Koenen in the category „Digitale Transformation“
- Diamond Star for "Schlauer Reisebuddy"